Friday, February 28, 2014

Last Week in South Africa


Hi Family and Friends,

This is the first picture Tristan ever drew of himself!
It has been just what I expected: "A week of good-byes, kind words, smiles, tears, hugs, laughter and gifts. Words fail, so here is the week in review with pictures:
He just learned to read the word '"it" and look at that smile!

Sweet moment with my two 'pals...Wiggle and Giggle!'

Party time!!
A good-bye song from my 2nd graders...Life is a Rainbow of Colors( which I recorded)

This parenting grandmother gave me her heart!
Somebody read really well ... the influence of stickers is still high!
A couple of my little friends not quite sure about my leaving!
My last tutoring session with the high schoolers!

These 3 little gals wanted me to take them home!

Feeling the love!
Caught in the act!!
Why is someone always under a desk!? My big farewell from the 3rd grade at Christian David School.....unforgettable they are!
Love to all, as I say good-bye to South Africa, I leave with many new friends from Iran, Australia, England, Quebec, Mexico City, New York, Chicago, Oklahoma, and more. I know I will become aware of how this adventure has influenced me as time passes. While I will deeply miss South Africa and the Dreams to Reality Program, I so look forward to seeing my family and friends and sharing the gifts South Africa gave to me, Mom/Gram, etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment