Saturday, February 15, 2014

A Week-end of Change



Greetings Family and Friends,

This is a weekend of big change, as more people I have grown close to are leaving and new ones arriving. This group of young women have just enriched my life beyond words. They have been so inclusive and so much fun....after tomorrow only one will be left. Our house will be quite international which will challenge my hearing as I don't do accents very well!! We will have a woman from Korea, Quebec, England, Toronto, France,and Moscow. This will be quite the challenge...but it is wonderful getting to know people from around the world.
Back row left: Amy from Australia, Ashley, New York, Alyssa, New York, Bridgette, Oklahoma, Lilly, Long Island, Lee Ann, Toronto, to my left and Lindsey, Chicago to my right.

We had quite the Valentine's celebration here yesterday. This idea of the kids having fun and playing and laughing has really caught on at the Steenberg School. Look at the red, and this is a small sample. The kids from 1st-6th grades did a fashion show and you would have thought Lady Gaga showed up!! They asked me to be one of three judges, but  no way....my granddaughter, Shelby, is the fashionista! So, the principal had me disperse the crowns and prizes to the top winners.






I know this last picture has everyone LOLing....it had me suppressing a big giggle too!!

I just can't tell you what an experience this has been. I went Saturday morning to take Enriquo to his first soccer practice, and his two brothers were unexpectedly standing with him waiting for me. I quickly concluded they wanted to play soccer too! So, we four went off to soccer practice. After, they were accepted on the team, I left and my driver took me to a shoe store and helped me pick out three pair of soccer shoes which will await them when they get home to their grandmother's. Here is a picture of  Enriquo:

He is just a sweetheart!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone, and here is a post-valentine wish to each of you....

No comments:

Post a Comment